Idk, I just really liked the idea of Irovy Sun’shine Clarity Dove Way, Enoby’s pastel goth twin sister.
Please write a sequel to My Immortal in this character’s POV.
Reblog this with the mobile app and add your 5 most most recently used emojis
I used to play guitar and write songs in high school just cause like there were art shares to do and ppl would clap and stuff. And now there are only 2 song I wrote that I’m not ashamed of, the first one I wrote in 8th grade about my bullies (called Assfaces), and the last one I wrote in senior year which is a beautiful fucking indie song that could be on the goddamn radio
What show is this? I need to download it
Trailer Park Boys
Junji Ito x Pokemon ⊟
Pokemon’s about to get real, real creepy, y’all— creepier than even Creepy Black. The Pokemon Company has collaborated with horror manga artist Junji Ito, who you may know from That One Comic About People Obsessed with People-Shaped Holes in a Mountain and every other unsettling Japanese comic you’ve seen online. The collaboration is called “Kowapoke,” or “Scarypoke.”
The Pokemon Company released one preview image in the form of a phone wallpaper, above, featuring the world’s most menacing Banette. They’re also giving t-shirts out in Japan featuring the image, for people who need more personal space, I guess.
Game Freak told us they were freaky.
Dark Ages, Schmark Ages. The De-Textbook cuts through that and so much more fake-fact bullshit.
cloudy with a chance of witch burning
your periodic reminder that a good chunk of Europe basically shat the bed for a few centuries while everyone else kinda did their thing.
I am sorry I’m going to be that person.
This map is extremely inaccurate.
1) China was not going through business as usual China was going through the TANG DYNASTY i.e. the Golden Age of Chinese culture, which would lay down legal and social and poetic norms for the rest of Chinese history. The Tang is so influential that a lot of languages call Chinese people 唐人 (People from Tang.) (We call Chinese people “people from Qin” so.)
2) Japan is _first becoming literate_ during this time period (due to the influence of the Tang they adopt Chinese script), which is a BFD for poetry, religion, politics, society. Japanese court culture develops, which near the end of this period (11th century, around the time Europe enters “high middle ages”) will produce The Tale of Genji (by a totally awesome woman named Murasaki),widely regarded as the world’s first novel because of it’s deft use of irony and social commentary.
3) The southern part of Korea is experiencing the emergence of Unified Silla, a state that will last the entire period and will see the importation of Chinese and Indian buddhism, the construction of the first Confucian college in Korea, and so on.
4) In Mesoamerica, the Mayans are inventing astronomy, writing (the third and final independent invention of writing in human history), and a whole crapload of other stuff. This is the triumph of their culture.
5) The Umayyads in Spain are a massive center of technology, learning, and (comparative) religious toleration.
6) The Eastern Roman Empire, which spans both the green and yellow portions of your map, isn’t doing too badly either, bouncing back after losing territory to the Caliphate.
7) The Polynesians are colonizing the ENTIRE PACIFIC using amazing advanced navigation technology not rivaled until the INVENTION OF GPS.
8) I am not equipped to talk about Sub-Saharan Africa in detail (cue rant about how we never learn about subsaharan africa in the western educational system) but you can bet there are some major, amazing developments going on there too. I’d be shocked if there weren’t.
9) HOLY SHIT INDIA.
11) THEY WEREN’T BURNING WITCHES IN EUROPE DURING THE MIGRATION PERIOD (dark ages). Witch burning took off in the EARLY MODERN PERIOD, nearly 1000 years after this. Europe was going through some tough shit, which would leave them backwards compared to the rest of the world for 1000 years, but also there were some amazing things happening there, at least have the decency to be like “angry dudes with swords stabbing people” not WITCH BURNINGS FFS.
12) And ABSOLUTELY Islamic Caliphate was a totally amazing flowering of intellectual, artistic, and spiritual culture, a mixing pot between a thousand cultures and languages, and totally amazing. Don’t in any way want to diminish that in any way.
I’ve always winced when seeing the original picture, so thank you binghsien for that excellent commentary!
8) Around 1000 AD was a major wave of Bantu migration, carrying a new technology of advanced ironwork throughout Africa:
I’ve been wondering what these things are! Or at least similar cuz shaped lichen
my favorite character is born
what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck wehat the fuck what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck
why do these spiders have yaoi faces i’m too high for this, this is terrifying??
I like it